Todd Born, NDs 3-Step Approach to Atopic Conditions
When it comes to allergies and other atopic conditions, a systematic approach will improve the odds that your patients will succeed. In Issue 2 of the Element, we shared the three-step protocol that Todd Born, ND, CNS, has used successfully with hundreds of patients with allergic and atopic conditions.
A comprehensive treatment plan like this one could improve your clinical outcomes for patients with asthma, allergies, and eczema (the “atopic triad”). Delivering that plan through Wellevate’s new Protocol tool could allow you to make this recommendation over and over again with different patients at the touch of a button! Let’s walk through how to do this:
The basics of the approach:
- Remove allergenic foods from the diet and minimize exposure to airborne allergens
- Reduce chemicals, dust, and dander in the home
- Choose fragrance-free and chemical-free cleaning products and personal care products
- Choose supplements to balance your patients’ T-helper 1 (TH1) to T-helper 2 (TH2) response, stabilize mast cells, inhibit leukotrienes, and modulate cortisol
- Begin this nutraceutical regimen immediately and continue for a minimum of 4-8 weeks before implementing other therapies
- Consider beginning with a loading dosage and tapering down to a maintenance dosage
- Consider conventional subcutaneous immunotherapy or homeopathic sublingual immunotherapy to induce immune tolerance
Here Is How That Can Look as a Wellevate Protocol:
HINT: You can cut and paste this protocol into YOUR Wellevate account to use with patients right away!
Protocol Name: Atopic Condition
It was great to connect with you today. As we discussed, I recommend that we start you on a protocol to bring your immune system into balance to help reduce your allergy symptoms. I’ve included a few attachments- one on reducing allergens and the other suggesting some of my favorite personal care items you can add to your cart if you’d like. I’ve also attached a few recommendations for my favorite clean personal care. Also, you’ll see my supplement recommendations. Please note some of these start at higher doses and taper down as noted. Please let me know if you have questions!
Attachments: (Feel free to download and use these yourself!)
|Prod code||Name, Manu||Dosage||Custom Note|
|MENSO||Men’s One Daily, Innate||1 tab 2x/day with food||Contains nutrients to promote better immune function, like Vitamins A, C, E, and Zinc|
|WOM54||Women’s One Daily, Innate||1 tab 2x/day with food||Contains nutrients to promote better immune function, like Vit A, C, E, and Zinc|
|AY147||Probiotic 100B Ayush||2 caps 1x/day with food||A potent probiotic blend to support your gut flora & support immune response|
|SACCH||Saccharo-myces, ARG||3 caps 2x/day with food||Probiotic yeast which helps balance gut flora & immune response|
|FINE3||Finest Pure FO, Pharmax||1 tbsp daily||Fish oil to balance immune response. Start with this dose for 1 month, then decrease to 2 tsp daily.|
|T00018||Vit D/K2 Liquid, Thorne||2 drops daily||Vitamin D is important for immune balance- we’re aiming for serum levels of ~50 ng/mL|
|A69109||Aller-Aid L-92, ARG||2 caps 3x/daily||Contains probiotics, nutrients, and herbs to support healthy inflammation & balanced immune response.|
WELLEVATE TIP: You have the option to add a note for each product in Wellevate. This is a great place to detail WHY the patient is taking it, which can assist with patient compliance!